Tuesday, April 7, 2020



Art and Design Level 2


This week I did work for the Art and Design badge.

We watched a show on Donald Trump and nuclear weapons in Iran last week. I wrote and article about this for our family newspaper. I think Donald Trump makes a good cartoon character so I made a cartoon about him. 







 I made three different cards this week. One for Karella, one for Dad because his birthday is next week and one for my friend Xavier. Xavier loves Brawl Stars so I made him a birthday card that is a zine with all the different characters he likes and a message at the back. I sketched the characters using grey lead pencil.






For Karella's card and bookmark we collected leaves from the darabin creek and then made cards from them and laminated the bookmark.

Dad's birthday is next week and I made him a card using collage with different coloured paper. I think it looks like Dad!!






My favourite Artist

PICASSO


 My favourite arist is Pablo Picasso. He is an artist that lived in Spain (and in France). He was born in 1908 and died in 1973. 

He like to experiment and try new ideas.

Picasso invented CUBISM. Cubist art looks a bit weird but that's because the artists are trying to show things from lots of different angles all in the same picture. This was very different from the type of art that had come before that was much more realistic.

Picasso made lots of different art works using different materials. Some of his art was really simple and just used a few lines with pencils or pen and paper. Other art works were complicated and busy. He used oil paint a lot.



My favourite painting  of Picasso's is the Weeping Woman. I really like the colours. I think the lady looks really, really sad and the colours help show this. The angles of the picture also make you feel how sad she is. Picasso used oil paint for this.


Another sad painting that Picasso did is called Guernica. It is an anti war painting. It's a very big mural made with blue, black and white paint. 
The Nazis bombed the Spanish town of Guernica in 1937 and lots of people, including children and animals were killed. This is what Picasso was painting about. He used the same types of sharp shapes that make people and the animals look like they are in pain. 




Another project I did that I think is part of art and design was to make a cricket game. I love cricket and we have been watching the Test on Amazon Prime. I madew a game and drew cartoon pictures of characters from the Australian, Engligh, Indian and New Zealand Teams.  We laminated the cards and made up rules and played the game. It took me two days to do this. I then started on the Soccer veersion of the game. 











No comments:

Post a Comment